American singer-songwriter Jhené Aiko Efuru Chilombo more popularly known as Jhene Aiko was born in Los Angeles, California on March 16, 1988. Her mother Christina Yamamoto is a housewife and her father Dr. Karamo Chilombo is a pediatrician. Her personal fortune is said to be over 2 million dollars.
- Her favorite color in Pink.
- Her favorite refreshment drink is Snapple.
- She enjoys snacking on Bar-B-Que wings.
- She has previously worked as a model.
- She wrote her first song when she was just 5 years old.
- She has five elder siblings whose names are as follows Kareena, Miyagi, Jamila, Jahi and Miyoko.
- Her name is pronounced as Janay.
- Her elder sister is also a singer and has performed with the R&B group Immature.
- She is of Japanese, Spanish, African American, Yaqui, Cherman, Navajo, Cherokee, Dominican and Chocktaw descent.
- Her elder sisters Miyoko and Jamila used to perform as a part of the band called “Gyrl”.
- She is currently resides in Inglewood, California.
How Rich? – Net Worth (in Dollars) – 0.5 millions
Height in cm -157 cm
Height in feet – 5.15 feet
Height in Inch – 61.8 inches
Height with Shoes/Heels – 5 feet 3 inches – 5′ 4″
Weight in kg / lbs (pounds) – 45 kg / 99 lbs
Figure Size (Bust/Breast Size – Waist Size – Hips/Butt Size) -36-23-34 inches
Bra size(Cup) – 34B
Birthdate – 03-16-1988
Age in 2014 – 26
Eye Color – Black
Shoe Size(US) – 8
Relationships and Controversies:
At the age of 16 Jhene was baptized at the Pentecostal Foursquare Church. At the age of 20 she gave birth to her first child a daughter named Namiko. The father of the child was R&B singer O’Ryan. In 2012 her elder brother Miyagi passed away after a long struggle with cancer. In 2013 while travelling by car with O’Ryan, her elder sister and her daughter Jhene had an accident.
Brands and Endorsements:
In 2002 she collaborated with the R&B group B2K and was later signed on by the recording company The Ultimate Group. She collaborated with them on their albums B2K: The Remixes – Volume 1 and Santa Hooked Me Up. Her songs were also featured in the movies Barbershop and Master In Disguise. In 2003 she was supposed to release her debut album called My Name Is Jhené but it was never released due to misunderstanding with the record company executives and she went back to complete her schooling.
In 2007 she returned back to the recording studio after a brief hiatus and in 2011 she released her mixtape titled Sailing Soul on her official website. The mixtape also featured collaboration with various other artists such as Drake and Kanye West. To promote her mix tape she held free concerts in different places.
In 2012 she was signed up by the recording company Artium Records. She later released her album Sail Out with the record company and the single 3:16 AM was released on iTunes. The same year she was chosen for the opening act of the concert Life Is Good/Black Rage featuring singer Lauryn Hill and hip-hop artist Nas. In 2013 she was featured on Big Sean’s single Beware which was a commercial success.
The same year she was also selected for Drake’s music tour called Would You like a Tour? She made a guest appearance on Saturday Night Live along with Drake to perform their single in 2014. In the same year it was revealed that Jhene would be releasing her first studio album called Souled Out.