Naomi Watts is an actress of British-Australian actress descent. She was born in Shoreham , Kent in London in the year 1986 but moved to Australia in the year 1976 shortly after her father’s death. She did her schooling from North Sydney Girls High School and took acting lessons on the side. It was while attending these lessons that she met Nicole Kidman her best friend. She is said to have a fortune estimated at $16,000,000. In 2012 she was featured People’s list of 50 Most Beautiful People. She is also the UN Goodwill Ambassador for HIV/AIDS.
Height in cm/m – 165 cm / 1.65 m
Height in Feet – 5.41 ft
Height in Inches – 64.96 inches
Height with Shoes/Heels – 5 feet 7 inches – 5″9
Weight in 2014 kg and Lbs(Pounds) – 53 Kg /116.8 pounds
Figure Size(Bust/Breast – Waist – Hips/Butt) – 33-26-34 inches
Bra Size(Cup) – 34B
Birthdate & Age in 2014 – 28th September, 1968 & 45 years
How Rich? Net Worth(in Dollars) – $15 Million
Eye Color – Bluish
Shoe Size(US) – 8
Above are the most likely body measurements of Naomi Watts.
Before she landed her first film role Naomi acted in a number of commercials that featured on Australian television. During her early years she appeared in a cameo in Tank Girl and the soap opera Home Away made for Norwegian television. It was in 1986 that Naomi landed her first film role in the movie aptly titled “For Love Alone” and In 1991 appeared in the movie ”Flirting” along with Nicole Kidman and Thandie Newton . She later moved to the United States to further her career and appeared in movies like Dangerous Beauty and Tank Girl and the series Sleepwalkers. The versatile actress has received critical acclaim for her intense performances in the movies “Mulholland Drive” and “The Ring” which gave a major boost to her fledgling career. In the year 2003, Naomi Watts received an Academy Award nomination alongwith a Screen Actors Guild Award for the category of Best Actress for her performance in the movie “21 Grams”. She later starred in the reboot of King Kong directed by Peter Jackson and also in J Edgar , the drama film directed by Clint Eastwood.. The couple together have two sons, Sasha and Sammy. In 2012 she received her 2nd Academy Award nomination and a Golden Globe nomination for the category of best actress for the movie The Impossible.
Naomi Watts Controversies and Relationships:In 1990 she was in a relationship with director Stephen Hopkins. She then briefly dated the now deceased actor Heath Ledger from 2002 to 2004. In 2005 she started dating actor Live Schreiber with whom has been in a steady relationship since then though they are not married. Their first son Alexander ’Sasha’ Pete was born in Los Angeles in 2007 and their second son, Samuel “Sammy” Kai, in 2008 in New York City. After taking a brief break from acting on account of her pregnancies her first role was in the movie “The International”. In 2010 she was quoted telling the tabloids that she would consider having a third child if it were a girl.
Naomi Watts Facts:
- Her grandfather invented electricity.
- Her father was tour manager and sound engineer toured of Pink Floyd, and toured with them.
- She realized that she wanted to become an actress after watching the movie Fame when she was 11.
- She appeared in her first comedy move titled “I Heart Huckabees”Naomi Watts after actresses Gywneth Paltrow and her friend Nicole Kidman dropped out.
- When Nicole Kidman whon her Oscar in 2003 Naomi Watts was one of the two persons she called and later when Nicole divorced her husband Tom Cruise Naomi moved in with Nicole to help ease her pain regarding the separation.
- Naomi is of Norweigian descent and is an expert linguis but speaks in a light Australian accent while giving interviews which has been criticized by several people including the Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, who went as far as referring to her as Naomi Whats.
- For her role in David Lynch’s directed “Mulholland Drive” she prepared for her performance by eating squirrels for her meals so that she could adjust to the level of weirdness required by the director under a false belief and later used the same method of preparation while preparing for her role in the American version of the movie Funny Games during which she refused to eat anything apart from pot noodles.